You have entered an unknown location.
Please choose a different location.
Sorry.. there aren't any results for this search.
Please modify your search and try again.
Before I created this website I was working on a project that needed a search feature for business locations. I was searching for a php store locator that allowed you to enter locations into a database and then search locations by either address, city, state, zip, radius, category, or price range. I wanted the search to display results in a google map with markers on the map of the results and a list of the results on the left column. I also wanted control over the details of the search and how they were formatted on the left sidebar list and the marker detail window. I was unable to find exactly what I was looking for. Some came close, but ultimately they all had flaws (lack of support, missing features, restricted source code, overpriced, etc).
So I built one myself... and I will be offering it to others soon!
Installation is easy! Just upload the files to your host, create a database, visit the install.php page in a browser and follow the online instructions. The source files are full of comments, so editing the script is easy. You'll need php 5.x on your host for geolocator feature to dynamically convert latitude/longitude.
• admin page to add/edit store locations.
• there's a geolocator function included in the admin page so that when users add/update their address/city/state/zip it geolocates the location, converting the address into lat/long coordinates, and updates the database accordingly.
• you can can search by many different geographical terms in the form including city, state, zip, address.
• radius option allows you to search within a selected mileage radius.
• A category option is available. You can add/edit as many categories as you wish and if no option is selected then you search all categories.
• I want to create a screencapture video tutorial to show users exactly how to add the store locator to their website.
• I'm going to be adding an optional price range filter to the search form also (for real-estate).
Check out the working locator at the top of this page.
Search in Oregon or California to show a couple pizza locations and a couple hamburger restaurants that were added into the database to test the functionality. A demo admin page is available so everyone can see how to add/edit/remove locations from the map.
The search results display name, address, and website that's a clickable link. Currently the results are displayed the same on the left sidebar as they are on the corresponding marker on the map. You can also make changes to have custom display that's different between the sidebar results and the marker details. And you can also add additional detail columns to the search results as well like phone number, facebook page link, price range (for real-estate), or whatever else you want.